As I mentioned in my last post, I'm really excited that we've decided to for-go Christmas presents with our siblings this year. I'm looking forward to a simpler Christmas this year.
Payton, on the other hand, is making his lists of things he wants. It all started a few weeks ago when he saw something he wanted on TV. He asked if he could put it on his list. I told him, yes, but we first had to discuss the rules about Christmas presents.
1) You don't get everything you ask for. Your list is a suggestion in case someone wants to know what you want.
2) You may ask Santa for ONE gift and only ONE gift. We're not greedy. We already have plenty of toys anyway.
3) Mommy & Daddy will buy you 3 gifts. That's how many baby Jesus got; that's all you need.
4) In order to bring new gifts into our home, we must sort through the toys/books we aren't using and donate them to others.
5) If ANYONE gets you ANYTHING, you will be grateful for it. That person didn't have to get you anything at all.
So, today, he said (again) that he wants a Nintendo DS. I reminded him of the rules and he agreed (again).
He has spent the afternoon deciding what he wants to keep and what he wants to part with.