Sunday, May 9

Mother's Day

My day started with sleeping in. That's always a good thing. Followed by pancakes for breakfast. Then, as it has been for the last 6 years, Matt worked on Mother's Day.

I loaded up the boys and took them to church. It was a great sermon in our series "1 Month to Live". I'm really taking this in. It's something to really think about...

Anyway! Back to Mother's Day: Mostly, we just hung out and played. I enjoyed my boys and they were pretty good to me. Payton made up a paper at school with the 3 reasons he loves his mommy:

She works at my school.
She lets me have ice cream.
She lets me go to cooking class.

Not too bad, huh? I like that he sees things as a privilege, not a given. That's good right?

Maxwell made a bunch of tiny "circle dots" on a piece of paper and brought it to me saying "Happy Mother's Day!" At church he made a bouquet holder with a silk flower in it. It has his hand print on the outside too. Super cute!

To top it all off, Missy killed a baby bird in the backyard. I think that was her Mother's Day present to me.

I do miss seeing my mom, but I hear she had a great dinner with my dad and two of my three brothers were there too. And my mother in law, unfortunately, had none of her kids with her this year. I feel bad for her, but I know she understands. I hope they all called her at least!!



No comments: