Saturday, January 1

2011...the year of....

Well, it's here. Two thousand eleven.  That sounds weird.  I'm not sure I like the look of it either.  It looks unbalanced with the wide numbers on the front and the two sticks on the back.  Yeah...I analyze things like this.


I don't really make a "resolution".  I learned in my 20's that they never stick anyway.  I try to set goals for myself throughout the year depending on what needs attention at that time.  In 2010, most of our family goals were dealing with getting healthy.  I made more healthy meals for my family.  Matt lost about 40 pounds and I lost about 20 pounds.  Mostly by eating better (notice I didn't say "right") and running.  Both of which I need to focus on again as they've been lost recently.  I also started healthier (and cuter) meals for Payton to take to lunch.  He eats more variety now than ever before.

December 2009






October 2010














Beyond my running and eating well this year, I also hope to use my camera more.  I love the time I get to use it to some nicer pictures.  And I always feel more peaceful after I do it.

Finally, I vow to be a better mom to my boys.  I have learned that Payton needs time to process instructions...usually about 3-5 seconds.  I am trying to give him that time.  He's also becoming more "sassy".  It's an issue I hope to curb this year.  Maxwell is...a different breed of boy than Payton.  I'm working hard at learning more about what motivates him and how to pull the best out of him.  I realize as I type this that it sounds like I don't know my children, but that's not true.  It's that I sometimes forget they aren't little versions of me.  I need to spend more time focused on what works for them as individuals.

2011 will be an interesting year.  I feel God is preparing me for some big changes.  I don't know what they are, but I hope I'm ready for the challenge when it comes.


No comments: