Saturday, December 1

Time away

There is something about time away from my stay at home mom life that is refreshing and rejuvenating. I was fortunate enough a few weeks ago to get a night away with some (crazy, drunk) girlfriends. It's become a tradition for us, this being our third year together.

Drinking, dishing the latest rumors, drinking, eating, drinking, dancing, drinking... What more can a mom away ask for?

But beyond that, it reminds me that I'm more than a mom. More than a wife. I'm a friend. And as conceeded as it sounds, I think I'm a damn good friend. My friends MAKE me a good friend.

I'm already looking forward to next year...

3 comments:

Marissa said...

I couldn't agree more! Nights like that, despite the 2 day hangovers that follow, remind me that I'm still an individual, a person - not "just" a wife, a mom, a housekeeper/maid/doormat, the invisible. I need those times. I couldn't ask for better people to share those times with either!

I think I'm a freakin' stellar friend to have too ~ toot! toot! ROFL!! ;)

Unknown said...

Yes, Marissa you are a freakin' stellar friend to have. I love that we are so humble.

Marissa said...

word. ;)