Saturday, April 2

What's Adult Conversation?

I've had this need to cry all day.  I've just blamed it on the new life and challenges we're dealing with.  But then in a conversation with my mom and another with a friend, I finally pin-pointed it.  It's loneliness that makes me want to cry.

Other than work, where we mostly talk about...well, work, I feel like I haven't had a real adult conversation in a week.  I have a ton of people who care about me and lovingly ask me how we're doing.  That's awesome.  I'm so very grateful for that support and compassion.  But it's not a conversation.  They're usually two or three passing sentences en route to the next job on my list or theirs. 

I want to talk about...something.  I don't even know what.  Not the kids.  Not how they're adjusting.  Not the lack of sleep I'm getting or the stress and exhaustion I'm feeling.  That's so real that I don't want to talk about it.  (Ok, except with my mom who has to listen to everything I tell her because she's my mother).  I guess when I finally have that adult conversation I'll have to think of something to say. 

So there, you have it; ramblings of a lonely woman is who desperate for a conversation - preferably a trivial one so I don't have to think too hard.

 

2 comments:

Matt and Bethany said...

next time you are in our neck of the woods we will do lunch or something... I am sure we could come up with some adult conversation! also, we HAVE to arrange a zoo trip this summer. Mondays (June through Aug.) are great for us... how about you? Let me know!!

The D'Alessandro Family said...

give me a call :)