Wednesday, June 23

Good-Bye Missy

Saturday was a sad day.  A few weeks ago, Missy bit our neighbor.  It was no fault of her own really.  She escaped the yard and he tried to pick her up to put her back in the yard.  She turned on him.  I can't blame her, but it wasn't the first time she'd bit someone. 

She has a tendency to bite men when they get in her zone of she's uncomfortable or scared.  She's bit Matt before.  Unfortunately we have a house of little men.  My father-in-law said she saw her turn to Max as if she was going to bite him.  That was the last straw.  I couldn't trust her around the boys anymore.

It broke my heart, but we had to take her to another place.  We found a no-kill shelter based in Lansing that was willing to take her.  They will do their best to "reform" her and then try to find a new home for her.  The best part is I know she won't be put down. 

Saturday when I dropped her off, I cried.  A lot.  I still feel her around the house and when she's not around the corner I get upset all over again.  I miss her.  Every night when I go to bed, I wait for her to come into our room to her bed.  I miss her. 

I know we'll have another dog someday, but it won't be Missy.  She was a great dog and will be missed for a long time.  

No comments: