Wednesday, August 4

And so it begins...

Today was like any other day, until we were checking out at the grocery store. Then, my world changed. Not in a big drastic way. The sun didn't stop shining and no one died. It was more a slight shift. Entering a new level if you will.

As we stood at the check out, Payton was entranced with the young, beautiful, 16 year old girl bagging our groceries. I watched him stare at her for a moment and I heard him say "What's your name?" with measurable flirtatiousness in his voice. She giggled and told him. He said "My name is Payton." I was pretty sure this would be followed with "Here's my number, give me a call sometime", but luckily his brain is still 7...not 17.

I thought that was cute enough. And I got a good chuckle out of it. But as we were walking to our car, Payton proceeded to tell me the details that he was enamored with in this young lady.

"Mommy, I like that girl. I liked her hair. And her face. And she looked nice in that blue shirt. She had pretty eyes too."

It was then I knew - my boy had suddenly realized girls were pretty. And they are great to look at.

I'm sure this the first of many girls...and a lot of drama and heartache...but it was super cute. And I love that I was there and he shared his moment with me.

No comments: