Thursday, January 3

honesty is my best & worse virtue

I have always told my friends that I'm honest. And it's true. brutely honest. That is something some people can't deal with, and I understand that. But if you ask me to tell you the truth, or ask my opinion on something, you'll get it. You might not like it, but you'll get it.

So when a friend of mine, knowing my honesty level, asked what I thought of a situation, I told her. Honestly. That she was f-ing up her situation and maybe she should look around and see why she had so much drama in her life and why it seemed she was the one who was always right.

She should have expected it. She asked and we've been friends for 4 years, so it's not like she didn't know it was coming from me.

But she didn't want to hear it. She wasn't ready. I hope she thinks on it a few days and comes back and says "Thanks. I'm glad you didn't sugar coat it and tell me it was everyone else's problem like my other friends do."

I hope I don't lose her. But if I do, I hope she remembers what I told her was only the truth and that I loved her enough to tell it to her.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

love it or leave it, i couldn't ask for anything more than a friend who will be honest with me. life isn't sugar coated and it isnt always pretty. i think a real friend IS someone who will state the obvious to you when your own eyes are busy wearing blinders.