Thursday, December 18

My baby's coming home!!! and weekend plans

Matt's been gone since Sunday. Not very long, but it feels like FOREVER. I've been really missing him around the house and keeping me company. I find it harder to sleep soundly, and I'm not used to caring for both boys at 7am. It's been hard on me. And with so much Christmas stuff to do adding in, didn't help.

But, he's coming home! Today!! I'm so excited to have him home. To be here. To help. To "babysit". But to just be with mostly.

This weekend, we'll also be entertaining quite a few guests. My parents are coming up, Matt's parents are coming up and a few members of my father-in-law's family are coming up as well. The occasion? Payton's big debut! He has a speaking part in the children's performance at church. He'll be reciting Luke 2:6-7

"While they were there, the time came for her to give birth. She gave birth to a son, her firstborn. She wrapped him in a blanket and laid him in the manger because there was no room at the inn."


He practiced tonight with the group on stage and did perfect! I'm so proud of my lil' big guy.

4 comments:

The D'Alessandro Family said...

Good luck to Payton! I'm sure he'll wow everyone!

Jen said...

Good Luck Payton!! I'm sure he'll do just wonderful!!

Gene said...

I glad Matt is home safe, and I am hoping the weather holds out so we can come Sunday. Love Mom K,

Kim Cervone said...

I hope no one called Matt and Ellisa's house Thursday night. SOunds like you REALLY missed him!!!

On a more PG note, record Payton's off broadway debut. That is a long verse for a five year old! Way to go, P!