Friday, May 29

New things

This has been a week of new things for me.

First the job, which I'm nervously excited about. I have a team building adventure on June 16th with all the staff of the school. Eek. I think I'm more nervous for that than anything else right now. I'll be hanging out with all the teachers and staff from 7am-7pm (or later). I hope I'm accepted well. And this job will mean a new wardrobe. I don't have very many clothing items that are professional. Thankfully the school staff is very young, so I'll be able to look at what they're wearing and model myself after them.

My camera is becoming a regular part of my wardrobe, so I decided it was time to invest in a good camera bag. I ordered the Tamrac Tavel Pack 71. It came today and I LOVE it. It's the perfect size for my camera and accessories and it's a backpack so it's easy to carry hands-free.

And I've been riding my bike a lot these last few weeks and so I decided to get a backseat for Maxwell. I really liked the Bell Cocoon Bike Seat, but it was more than I wanted to spend since he will probably only use it this summer and next and I wasn't 100% sure he'd like it. But I found an older model on Craigslist. We tested it out today and he really likes it. We rode to the park (with my camera on my back) and the whole way he pointed out every little thing he saw. "Really Big Truck!" "School" "Bus" "Rabbit" "Motorcycle". Now if we can just get Payton riding the two-wheeler he got for his birthday. Hopefully this weekend! Then we can take family bike rides this summer. Wow...our little family is really growing up.

And Matt is really enjoying his grill. I'm going to see if I can find a few recipes to try out this weekend.

2 comments:

Kim Cervone said...

Congratulations on the job. Just a week ago you hadn't even interviewed yet! I have a recipe for a yummy marinade. I'll email you when I can...xo

Anonymous said...

Great reason for shopping for new cloths LOL !!!!!!!!!!! Mom K
PS Love the pics of Max from the park.