Monday, September 6

Baking Day

Tomorrow is the end of summer - the first day back to school here in the great state of Michigan. With all my obsessing over school lunches and making them fun, yet healthy, we spent our day baking and prepping for the week.

We made some great dishes including pizza pockets and chocolate chip granola bites. I also made a breakfast dish that was so-so. But the boys had a BLAST making ABC Grahams. The cookie recipe comes from Parents magazine. I've never used any of their recipes before, but these were good, so maybe we'll try some more sometime. The boys worked together to measure and pour and took turns pushing the "on" and "off" buttons on the food processor. The dough was really forgiving in the making process. Making the letters or shapes in the cookies went pretty well too. There were only a few that I had to go over again once they came out of the oven.

Through our multi-recipe baking day I learned two things. 1) I need more storage containers (all the same so there is less lid confusion!) - and 2) my kids are pretty darn good helpers!

No comments: