Monday, September 20

Time with My Best Friend

Amazing. That's what summarizes this past weekend.

My wonderful inlaws went out of their way (twice) to assist Matt and I in having a "grown up" weekend. It seems it's been a long time, and it was well overdue.

We didn't run away for a romantic getaway. We didn't go to fancy restaurants and stare deep into each others eyes. We didn't walk hand-in-hand down the beach at sunset. We just spent time together.

Time. It seems that there isn't as much of it as anyone needs. I am involved in so many great things that sometimes I forget my family, especially my husband, deserves the best of me. I don't always give him the time he deserves. Or even the time he needs.

Those of you that are friends with me on Facebook saw my post on Sunday: 2 years ago today Matt & I decided not to walk away from our marriage. We've never been happier than we are today. God did amazing things for us!

Before that time, life had just gotten busy. Busy in our heads. Busy in our hearts. That made things complicated. I realized I didn't want to have to tell my kids I'd walked away without trying everything. God told me, "Give it time.". We did. And I'm so very very very glad we did.



Through everything we've made it through, I still forget that my husband deserves my time. And I deserve his. Not just family time. Not just eating time. Not just TV time. Real time. Focused time.


This weekend we found time. Time together. Time talking. Time cuddling. Just time. Quality, much needed time.

I love you, Husband. More and more each day. Thank you for giving me your time.


No comments: