Monday, April 21

Garden: check!

Saturday, Matt and I made an early morning trip to Lowe's to pick up the supplies we need to finish up our raised gardening beds in the back of our lots. When we got back, we put Max down for a nap where he THANKFULLY slept for 2.5 hours! We got a lot done in that time.

I worked in the front and pulled up bulbs, replanted some flowers and put down new rich soil in the flowerbeds. In the backyard, Matt rebuilt the raised beds while Payton played in his sand table and painted on his easel. Once the beds were finished (except one) we decided to plant the seedlings I had started in our laundry room earlier this month.

We planted tomatoes, chili peppers, garden beans, snap peas, onions, squash, and eggplant. We also have pumpkins and watermelons and cucumbers and carrots to plant later. And sunflowers along the back fence. In addition to that, we have another bed that we'll be planting herbs in this week!
Hopefully we'll have veggies and more to share with you all soon!




3 comments:

Marissa said...

Looking great! I'm so not yet prepared to plant my garden -- though I guess I should start thinking about it, eh? I see my neighbor doing it today too. :)

P~Bear said...

I fell so bad - you guys are way ahead of me this year. I still need to turn my bed and get the tomato boxes ready. I hope you have better luck than I have had with the squash, melons, cucumbers, pumpkins, and beans. The beds look good.

Kim Cervone said...

Looking forward to fresh veggies for playgroup. The garden looks great.