Tuesday, April 22

Goodbye, Judy

In June 0f 2007, Judy Wherli was diagnosed with cancer. She fought long and hard to beat the disease, but on Thursday April 17, 2008, God called her home. She was a faithful believer in Christ, a role model to many, a 2nd grade teacher, a wife, mother to four, and a grandmother. She was only 53 when she passed...just 5 week short of her 54th birthday.

I didn't know Judy personally, but one of her children, Angie, is a very good friend of mine. Angie and I have complete opposite personalities and mindsets, but I think that's what makes us friends. We help each other reason things out.

Today, I attended the funeral for Angie's mom in support. I have never been to a more beautiful and touching display of love and devotion. She must have been an amazing woman. There were more than 200 people at the funeral and many more that attended the viewings over the last two days.

Her sons and daughter all spoke of her with honest love and grief. It always gets me when grow men cry like babies. You can tell their lives will never be the same and she will be truly missed.

So when you're done with this blog, please take a moment to pray for the parents, husband, children, siblings, grandchildren and more family that she has "left behind". But also rejoice that Judy has finally made it to Heaven...the place we all hope to be someday.

Goodbye, Judy Wherli. I can't wait to meet you someday.

4 comments:

Gene said...

Ellisa: I am so sorry about Angie's mom. I remember when you told me they had found the cancer and how scared Angie was in losing her mom. I pray that God will comfort her during this time of sorrow. Love Mom K.

Marissa said...

what a beautiful tribute to a woman that influenced you without ever actually meeting you. i'm sure you will meet her someday. i'm sorry for angie's loss.

Lauren said...

I agree with Marissa. That tribute hit me and I didn't even know her. I am so sorry to hear about your friend lost. I'll keep her and her family in our prayers. ((hugs))

Kim Cervone said...

Please let Angie know that they are all in my prayers as well. i remember you asking us to pray for her mom last summer. I can't imagine the hurt Angie is going through.