Sunday, January 4

Welcoming in 2009

Sorry I've been MIA. Matt was off work for a few days and we were spending family time together.

Four days in and thus far, 2009 has been alright. Nothing serious to complain about. In fact, I realize how blessed I really am.

My resolutions. Ugh. Doesn't everyone make them, plan for the best, even hope for the best...but in the end we tend to fall short on at least one or two of them. Alas, I make them anyway.

1) Grow Spiritually. I want to have a deeper faith and dependence on God. I need to learn to not worry so much and pray more.

2) Love Deeper. Since September, Matt and I have had an amazing turn around in our relationship, but the work is not done. We still have a long way to go and we'll continue to make progress.

3) Get Healthier. I want to get back to the gym at least 3 days a week starting tomorrow. I have about 12 lbs to loss and I want it GONE! And I'm hoping to make more homemade recipes and cook more for the boys, even when Matt isn't home to eat with us.

4) Decorate it. This is our second Christmas in this house and I still have no pictures hung on the wall. I finally have a vision and I want it accomplished by the end of 2008. I have lots of pictures of the boys, my parents and brothers and old pictures of my family members that need framed and hung.

Beyond that, we're just getting ready for tomorrow. BACK TO SCHOOL!! I've missed my "school friends" so I'm sure that Payton is missing his. I know he misses Mrs. McCoy. I'm sure others as well.

Tomorrow...life returns to "normal"; whatever that is.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

Great resolutions/goals!!!

i'm doing the decorating thing too. 8 years in this house and it still sucks donkey balls as far as decorating goes. i bite at it, i'm just no good. everything always looks hodge podge.

i have a wall i'm going to do the photo thing on. i'm going to mix new with super old & hope for the best (sounds pretty more-of-the-same hodge podgey to me! lol)

Kim Cervone said...

Pretty lofty resolutions. Mine is to have more patience. Say yes more & no less. I have already failed!