Monday, June 1

Dessert Mania

I LOVE ICE CREAM!! It was the first date Matt took me on. He said, "Would you like to go get some ice cream later tonight?" That was all it took. Still, 10 years later, it's the best words that can come out of his mouth. Yummm....ice cream.

Something about warm weather brings out the dessert monster in me. Memorial Day we had s'mores and it's all been downhill from there. I've ridden to Dairy Queen on my bike to get ice cream (it doesn't count towards fat or calories if you exercise to get there, right?). And the other night Matt was laughing at me because when we were all sitting at the table eating lunch, we heard the ice cream truck. Before Matt could say anything, Payton, Max & I were running out the door to catch him...me leading the way!

And just a few days ago I was reminded of a favorite dessert of my kids that we hadn't made in a very long time. I purchased fresh cookies at the bakery and a gallon of ice cream and made ice cream sandwiches. Mmmmmm.

I think I need to clean out my freezer. To make more room for ice cream of course!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Summer will do that to you. What a wonderful memory of you and Matt when you first met !!!!!!!!!! Love Mom K

Jen said...

YUMMY! I think I need to run to the store now,LOL!

The D'Alessandro Family said...

Yeah, I have a problem with ice cream, too. I'm blaming it on the pregnancy so that excuse will atleast get me through the summer! :)

Danielle said...

Oh man, we got some big tubs of ice cream really cheap at Kroger, along with some chocolate and strawberry syrup, sprinkles, whipped cream and maraschino cherries and we have had ice cream sundaes just about every other day. So, I know exactly what you mean! Mmmmmm!

The Three Little Bears said...

lol - I would have loved to have you for a mother! My mom was always like, "that's TOO expensive. NO! Go get a cheap-ass popsicle out of the fridge."

Okay, she didn't say "cheap-ass" but you get the gist. You're a cool momma.

Kim Cervone said...

I am with you. Twice a week, after t-ball, we head for ice cream...I admit that we go more often than that even!!