Saturday, December 5

Advent Calendar: Day 5

"Bake Christmas Treats"

Just Payton & I today. The very first thing he did was look in the stocking to see what it says. This one was, I'll be honest, less for him and more for me. Hey, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!!

We made 12 loaves of pumpkin bread and two LARGE batches of spiced nuts. I have all the ingredients to make almond tassies...but I'm not sure I'm feeling up to it tomorrow. The ingredients may go back to Kroger and we may opt for something else. We'll see.

Either way, Payton and I did have a great time just the two of us today. We went to Arts & Scraps with the art teacher to prep for an event we have this week and he picked up lots of his own arts & scraps.

We had dinner at IHOP; his choice. Then came home and watched Toy Story since he'd never seen it. It was a great day of momma-son time! Love that lil' guy.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a great time with Max also!!! Love Mom K

Danielle said...

Such great memories being made. I love days with the boys on my own. Glad you had fun together and got a lot of baking done too!

Jennifer said...

Sounds fun! I can't believe he hasn't seen Toy Story! Hope he enjoyed it!