Friday, May 2

The birthday continues...

I have an amazing group of friends that meet with our five year old children (and any kids born after the five year olds) every Thursday. We've been meeting since the oldest were one year old. We've watched each others kids grow, change and mature. It's been a great experience for me and great for all the kids, but especially the moms!!


We always celebrate the kids birthdays together and yesterday was Payton's day. We had everyone over for lunch where the kids made English Muffin Pizzas and I made a great pasta and veggie dish for the moms. After lunch, the kids played, the moms had tea and eventually we had cake.

Payton, being so oblivious to gender specific things, picked a pink cake. (I love that he doesn't identify things as "boy" things or "girl" things. I don't want him to think he can't do something because it's too girlie OR that a girl can't do something because it's for boys.) So we had funfetti cake with strawberry frosting with sprinkles. He loved it.



Payton had really wanted to go bowling, so after everyone had their cake, we loaded up. He bowled an amazing 36, with bumpers of course. He was upset that Rose (and everyone else) beat him, but I promised we'd go back soon so he could practice and get better.


After bowling, everyone went home. We came back to our house and cleaned up a bit and then played and had dinner. Later we went to the Y and I had an amazing workout in a Japanese Swordfighting Class I've registered for. Came home, and everyone went to bed. Apparently somewhere along the line, I forgot to put the cake away. This is what I found this morning after I finished in the bathroom...


It's amazing how fast he climbed onto the table and start in on it!!

6 comments:

Gene said...

I bet you don't forget to put something away again LOL. Glad you all had a great time. Love Mom K.

Marissa said...

I LOVE IT!! The bowling pic was just precious and Max on that table was the BEST!!!!! :)

Lauren said...

OMG I love this blog!!! lol Max is getting sooo BIG!!! I think last I saw him was our mom night out!!! Glad you had a great day!

Kim Cervone said...

That bowling pic is so sweet and Max on the table with an entire cake is absolutely priceless. I too, adore our weekly time together. Happy anniversay to us. It was four years ago this week that we started our group : )

Lorene said...

What great pics! I love that one of Maxwell! What a sweet Little man! And Happy Anniversary to you guys! You are all so lucky to have one another!

Tiffany said...

bwahahahaha he and Lydia are truly fated to be together!