Wednesday, November 5

Anyone know how... **updated**

I'm just wondering if anyone can help me out.

I'm looking to get permanent marker out of some things.

Say, a dishwasher for instance? Any ideas how to get the marker off that shiny surface?


Or my stool?


Or my kitchen cabinets???

Or maybe my floor?????



Any help would be great! Or if anyone wants a almost 2 yr old budding artist...the problem is that he things the whole HOUSE is his canvas. And permanent marker is his medium of choice.

UPDATE:
The only nail polish remover I had in the house was non-acetone. Surprisingly, it worked!! My stool is completely clean, the dishwasher "artwork" is barely noticeable, but it didn't work too great on the linoleum floor. I'm repainting the cabinets. I put one coat on, but the marker came through. I think I'll have to put Kilz on and then the paint and then the finishing strokes.

THANK YOU!!!!

10 comments:

1SG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
1SG said...

This sounds good if it works:
Public Realty Blog
I also found many more suggestions at:
wikiHow

I was looking at the boy's Christmas wish list. I didn't see permanent marker on there, I will have to add it.

The D'Alessandro Family said...

Here's what I have tried (but I don't think I'd try it on the cabinets)...
magic eraser
goo gone
nail polish remover - especially on the floor and dishwasher!

You'll have to let me know if any of them worked - they've worked for me. Good luck! And no, I already have a two year old who colors on everything!
ps. Santa should bring some of those markers that only draw on special paper - by crayola!

Danielle said...

Oh no! I've also used a Magic Eraser and nail polish remover, so hopefully those will help you on the floor and dishwasher. Maybe some OxyClean? I hope you're able to get it out.

Lorene said...

I would try acetone.
You could always sand down the stool or paint it?? The cabinets? Ugh. That'll be rough.

Yep! I'd ask for soem of those magic color markers. Then lock up the sharpies.

And LOL at your dad. Silly grandpa! :)

Jen said...

I'm surprised Magic Eraser didn't work? I have some Goo Gone you can borrow if you want. I'm currently using it to get tree sap off her favorite Hannah Montana shirt-ugh! Hope Max finds a new hobby soon!

The D'Alessandro Family said...

the primer will prob work, but I'd try to sand it first, then prime, then paint.

glad the rest came off!

Gene said...

Hope you got the marker off, but I love the pics, reminds me of what Jason use to do LOL, I would have marker on bedroom and hallway walls, just had to paint over it.Love Mom K.

Matt and Bethany said...

Matt used rubbing alcohol (70% isoporpyl) to get the pumpkin sharpie marker face off the pumpkin after he cut out the eyes, nose and mouth. He said he uses it at work all the time to get permanent marker off rx vials. It's worth a shot!

Mazenbloo said...

Oh man! Eeek! LOL Glad you got most of it out!