So I'm doing my Ellisa's Favorite Things instead.
Aveeno Lotion- My kids have eczema. We have tried several products that have little effect. And while they still have the eczema "flare ups" even while using the Aveeno products, the relief seems greater. The most immediate relief is from the Oatmeal Soothing Bath Treatments. Followed up with some great Daily Moisturizing Lotion, and we have it under control for the most part. Last week, the boys had flare ups that results in painful marks for both boys, including cracked and bleeding skin. With the help of some hydracortizone lotion, the Aveeno is helping soothe the pain.
Say Yes to Carrots - I'm a chapstick addict. I think right now I have about 6 tubes in various locations; my purse, the car, my make-up bag, the diaper bag, by my bed, etc. I have several brands because whenever I see a new one, I pick it up. I have recently fallen in love with "Yes to Carrots". The scent choices are awesome and unique. And they work! And I like that it's organic and I can identify the ingredients!!
Smart Water - Usually, I drink water from my Klean Kanteen, right from my filtered tab. But the other day, I forgot and grabbed a bottle of Smart Water when I ran into the drug store for some other things. Normally, I'd say water is water. But this taste good! Really good. It tastes "clean". It's "electrolyte enhanced" and "vapor distilled". But whatever, it's good water.
Senseo Coffee - I've never been much of an everyday coffee drinker. But getting up so early with Payton (6:45am...too early for me!) has made me a coffee drinker. I brought out my Senseo Coffee Maker that I keep on hand for when my parents or my inlaws are in town. I really like that I can just make one cup/mug worth and not waste a whole pot. I pay about $4 for a bag of 16 pods. That gets me 8-10 cups of coffee. WAY cheaper than Starbucks!!!
Cranberry Sipper drink - I love this stuff. I made it a few weeks ago for a party I had. It was so yummy. SO SO yummy and warm! Mmmmm... I got tons of great compliments on the drink and everyone said they're going to make it themselves for holiday get togethers. So here is the recipe!! I made a double batch and it was enough for about 30-40 glasses.
- 6 inches stick cinnamon, broken
- 12 whole cloves
- 1/2 of a 12-ounce can frozen cranberry juice concentrate (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 of a 12-ounce can frozen raspberry juice blend concentrate (3/4 cup)
- 1 6-ounce can frozen apple juice concentrate (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup brandy or rum or 6 regular tea bags (optional)
- Orange slices (optional)
- 4- to 6-inch cinnamon sticks (optional)
1. To make spice bag, cut a double thickness of 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth into a 6-inch square. Place cinnamon and cloves in center of square. Bring up corners of cloth and tie with clean string.
2. Combine the thawed cranberry juice concentrate, raspberry juice blend concentrate, apple juice concentrate, sugar, lemon juice, and 8 cups water in a 3-1/2-, 4-, or 5-quart crockery cooker. Add the spice bag to the juice mixture.
3. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Remove the spice bag and discard. If desired, about 5 minutes before serving, add brandy or rum or the tea bags to the crockery cooker. Let stand for 5 minutes. Discard the tea bags, if using.
4. To serve, ladle beverage into mugs or cups. If desired, add an orange slice and cinnamon stick to each serving. Makes fourteen 6-ounce servings.