Tuesday, March 23

running

All this talk about healing and yet, I'm in pain! Ironic, huh?

Back when I was in high school, I had two surgeries on my left knee for a "rotating patella". Basically, my kneecap rotates to the back of my leg. It's ok now and I haven't had issues with it really...until last week.

I'm desperate to run a 5K this year. It's on my 2010 bucket list. So I'm started running intervals to help build up my body and my stamina. I'm doing well. better than I expected actually. But this morning, I couldn't run more than a minute and half with out pain shooting down my leg. I know it's the pain of being stretched and pushed, but I don't want to be too hard on myself and then put myself out and not be able to complete my 5K.

I'm hoping that in time, the strength and stability will build and I'll be ok. If not, I need the number of a good orthopedic surgeon. Eek!

No comments: