Tuesday, March 23

Healing Wounds

Seems to be a theme in my life lately.

Payton suffered no ill effects from his 6' fall in the middle of the night. He's been more guarded about his sleeping actions, but I've found him at the foot of the bed a few times anyway. Thank goodness we put a new board there to help keep him in.

Maxwell is healing up from both of his falls. The table incident that left him with stitches in his lip has healed well. It's just a pink line now and should be mostly gone by summer I think. His latest injury, the face plant on the sidewalk, is healing as well. His scabs are looking better and well...he's still missing that tooth. Let's just assume it's going to be that way for the better part of the next 4 years. He's cute...in a 3-year old hockey player kind of way.

But not all wounds are physical. I have a crazy past and I like it right where it is...in the past. I've recently forgiven a few things in my past. Things that happened to me. Things that people said to me that I carried with me for a long time. Things I did to myself that I needed to forgive myself for.

I found freedom in forgiving. I haven't even told all the people I've forgiven that I've done so. It's not for them. If they wanted forgiven, they would have asked for it. It's for me. I've forgiven them so I can move on. On with my life. My health, better balanced life.

Healing is good. Good for everyone.

No comments: