Wednesday, February 27

Gotcha, Matt!!!

Matt and I don't have a good history with jewelry. I lost two engagement rings before we were married. Then, within two years, Matt lost his wedding band. I currently only wear a wedding band, although I would like a big fat diamond, I know it's not in our financies. Matt has been wearing a silver wedding band that we found at a flea market for $20.

Now, I know that rings mean nothing as far as the marriage goes, but I really wanted Matt to be proud of his wedding band and like it...not just have one that we found cheap somewhere. I've been telling him for two years that I was going to replace his wedding band one day. Since we got our tax return a few weeks ago, I've been planning it, but just haven't had the chance to get it done, or get his old ring off him to check the size.

He never takes it off, but last night for some reason he did. He left it by the alarm clock and this morning, I snagged it. After taking Payton to school, I stopped at the mall and checked out the selection at the four jewelry stores. I found one that I knew he'd love at Rogers & Hollands, handed over his ring to check the size and by golly, they had the ring in stock!

I came home with the ring box hidden in my coat pocket. He wasn't paying any attention when I came in, so I snuck it behind my back. I had the new ring box in one hand and the old ring in the other. I said "I have a surprise for you. Do you want the old one back or the new one I bought you?" He didn't have a clue what I was talking about and finally chose the new one.

Man was he surprised! He loves the new ring and is very happy with it. I never get to pull a fast one on him, so it was a lot of fun for me too.

5 comments:

Lorene said...

Thats so sweet! Glad you finally got to pull a fast one on him. I love doing things like that!

Barbie said...

Yay!! I'm glad he likes it!!!

Marissa said...

THIS POST IS USELESS WITHOUT A PICTURE!!!!!!!

I'm so glad you were able to completely surprise him - those are the BEST kind. :D

Gene said...

Hey Ellisa: That was the sweetest thing I have heard in quite a while. What a sweetheart you are !!!!! I can't wait to see it. Also I was glad to hear Payton is feeling better. Talk to you soon, Love Mom K.

1SG said...

Good Move girl.