Friday, February 1

Rice Cakes got a bad rap

Last week Kroger had the Quaker Rice Cake Minis 10/$10. Of course they were sold out when I wanted them, so I got a rain check. Actually, I got two, but don't tell anyone.

Today, I found them at my store and picked out my ten bags. I got five chocolate, cheese, BBQ, apple cinnnamon, kettle corn and cinnamon sugar. I got home and busted out a bag of chocolate and they are SO yummy!! I love them and so does Payton! And for seven chocolate cakes, there are only 60 calories! That's CRAZY talk!

So I divided up a bag of chocolate and a bag of cheese into small snack bags of 80-100 calories each and they are in our snack cabinet. They only flavor I'm leary off is the BBQ...I'll keep you posted about those...

5 comments:

Marissa said...

oh i love the bbq -- have you tried them? you'd be surprised. think bbq potato chips with just a little different texture.

YAY to you for portioning them out ahead of time!!! :D

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh man! I love those things. I really love the ranch ones. And the carmel ones...and the chocoalte ones... Man. I love them all. I can't say that I have tried bbq, but I bet they are good.

Kudos for portion control. You rock!

Christine said...

YUM - my fav is butter toffee!!

Kim Cervone said...

Kettle corn and sugar cinnamon(whole grain to top it off) are great too!

Anonymous said...

Yum i love rice cakes. hahah Dave and i usally sneak those and baby carrots...and trail mix oh and water sometimes beef jerky into the theaters.Huge purses come in handy dandy ;P


Post script: i just wanted to let you know that i think you have the most handsome two boys ever :)