Saturday, August 30

Winding down our summer

Friday, very early, we made a test run through our start of school schedule. Other than forgetting to allow time to make and pack lunch and a healthy snack, we did fine. I just *know* I'll forget that!!

Later in the afternoon, we went for a game of bowling. Lots of fun! I won with a massive score of 89! And yes, that's with bumpers. Amazing folks, just amazing.


Today, Saturday, my inlaws came to town. While Gene watched the boys, Dot & I went to Great Lakes Crossing to enjoy about 5 hours of shopping! We tried on coats that neither of us bought, looked in tons of stores where we bought nothing and just plain enjoyed each other's company. Good times.

For dinner, Gene brought the boys up to GLC for dinner at The Rainforest Cafe. We even ran into my bestest friend Tiffany and her family there! The boys really enjoyed the place and Payton loved his Papa Gene for allowing him to have a 32oz ICEE and a HUGE dessert. God bless the grandparents.

After a nice dinner, Tiffany and I and our familes went to the MPA (that's Mall Play Area for you non-parents) and let the kids run out what energy they had left before heading home to put everyone to bed.

(If you look you can see Maxwell trying to get in the picture to the right of Nate.)

It's been a good weekend so far. I hope tomorrow is just as great and Monday too. Tuesday is the start of a whole new world for us.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Sounds like a GREAT day. :) Your boys are just so cute!! I love the one photo of Max on the floor! :) And man oh man Nate grew like a million inches!!!

Gene said...

Ellisa: I had a great time also, it was nice to have a girls day, i really needed it. And it was fun watching the boys at the Rain Forest restaurant.I hope Payton finally came back down to earth after the icy drink LOL Love Mom K.

Jen said...

Sounds like a super fun day!! Hope the rest of the weekend went just as well. Good Luck tomorrow!