Saturday, June 7

Another weekend with just one kiddo

This weekend, it's just Maxwell. Payton went to my in laws with Matt late last night and they won't be home until tomorrow evening.

Max and I got out of the house by 8:30am!! Those of you who know me, know that it was a rare event and practically a miracle. We went to the Mt. Clemens Farmers Market where I purchased some herbs for my garden. Then we went over to the grocery store on base. Maxwell usually is not a good shopping buddy, but today he did pretty well.

After a nap at home, we went to Kohl's and the mall. I got some summer clothes for me and the boys, all my Father's Day cards and the graduation cards and gifts we needed for next weekend. That reminds me that I need to finish the Teacher's Gifts yet. Hmm...maybe tomorrow...

We came home and played outside for awhile then Max took another nap. When he woke, we went for a walk up to Kroger and picked up a few things that we couldn't get on base and then went to Bed, Bath & Beyond. Did you know that they're selling beauty supply stuff now? Like lotions, hair products, hair dye and makeup? That was weird to see. I don't think I'd think to buy it there.

Anyway, when we got home, we ate dinner, played outside some more and then it was time for bath. This is where the trouble started. On a typical night, the boys bathe together, then we put them in their pajamas, brush teeth, read a book, say prayers and then its hugs & kisses time and then it's lights out. No issues for the most part and they both go to sleep within a few minutes...typically.

Tonight, Max realized something was missing. I guess I'd kept him busy all day so he didn't notice P wasn't around as much. But come bath, it was hard to distract him. He didn't want into the tub and when I finally got him in, it was hard to keep him there. He was cuddly when he got out and then when it was time for our typical "brother kisses" he wasn't happy. And he let me know it. I tried laying him down and he screamed.

I cuddled him, told him "brother" would be home tomorrow night and then tried to lay him down again...after 10 minutes of screaming I couldn't take it anymore. He was doing that gasping sob thing. He wanted to "go, go, go" and I put him down to see what he wanted. He went to the front door and stood there saying "bra-bra, bra-bra" over and over. So sad. :(

Finally I got him calmed down and to sleep. Thank GOODNESS Payton will be home tomorrow! I'm going to have a beer and watching "Groomer Has It" on Animal Planet...yes, I'm a reality tv junkie.


Gene said...

Hope tonight goes better since P is home

Marissa said...

what a great weekend!


What'd ya get yourself?

Brightside said...

Yeah, I saw all those HBA products! craziness. I got some barrettes when I was there with the coupon you so loving left for me :)
They also have reasonably priced trial sizes of everything. My jaw dropped when I saw that corner of the store. Now I know where to go if we ever get to fly anywhere! LOL