Tuesday, June 10

Feeling the need to detach

Talking to my friends, I think a lot of us go through this from time to time. I'm not sure what causes it. Maybe insercurity. Maybe a desire for something bigger or better. Maybe it's a dissatisfaction with our lives. Maybe its just mood swings. Who knows?

But what I do know is that this comes and hangs out awhile and then something happens; BAM!! and my life seems back on track again. It's like God smacks me in the face and says "Wake up you moron! Wait until you see what I have in store for you! Just hang on and it will get better." and it always does. That's a funny thing about God, he's always right and knows best.

But until then. I'm sorting it out in my head. My life. Friendships. Relationships. What do I value? Do I value it because it really means something? Or because that's what I've been told to value? What should I really value? Where am I going and when will I get there? And why do I constantly bother trying to figure it out when I know that if I just have faith and trust, God always works it out in the end.

I'm not "down" per say. Just deep thinking I guess.

Anyone else deep thinking this week? Maybe it's a mood...

3 comments:

Marissa said...

I totally get it. Been there, done that - often. I've heard some little quote along the lines of, "A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out" and it always struck me as so true. Even if you detach to find yourself, figure things out, defunk... your friends (& family) will still be there. The rest were just stragglers weighing you down anyway.

love you. miss you.

Danielle said...

I totally get like that sometimes and I wonder what the heck is wrong with me. Who knows why we get this way sometimes. Maybe it's God's way of working in our lives and making us realize what we have and that we should be happy with it. You're right how it seems like you'll be in this funk and then suddenly, God slaps you out of it. I'm sure it's something we all go through from time to time and it feels pretty crappy while you're in it, but you're right, it will go away. Hang in there, lovey!

Tiffany said...

Well, given our chat yesterday you know I am right there with you. Things will turn up, they always do. They have to.

and if they don't there is always those fake passports and that little village in Costa Rica just waiting for us.