Monday, December 13

what a man

11:24pm
Through the last week, there have been a lot of unknown variables.  What was/is wrong? What's causing it? How long will it last? How serious is it?  What can we do about it? 

My personality demands answers to all questions as quickly and clearly as possible.  Matt's personality does not.  He keeps quiet and mostly just takes what's given to him.  This week as I've been asking 100s of questions, my husband has been sitting by, listening to the questions and just patiently waiting for things to happen.

Today in a brief exchange Matt said "Don't worry me like that again!"  It took me a second to realize he was talking about me.  And then I had to process what I'd done to make him worry. OH! He was worried about my health.  Looking back at the last few days I can see now how he was protecting me and guarding me, in his calm and quiet way; making sure to keep me as safe and secure as he could. 

What an amazing man I married.

No comments: